Marrakech Desert Tours | Morocco Desert Trips |Zagora Tours
• Explore a panoramic road, passing through the High Atlas via the pass Tichka, at 2260 m altitude.
• Visit Casbah Ait Ben Haddou and the fortified village of Kasbah.
• Discover the charm of the city Ouarzazate.
• Pass through Berber town of Agdez and the Draa Valley with its palm procession…
• Enjoy the dunes of Zagora on camel back and watch the sunrise and sunset.
• Magical night, around a fire at the camp after a traditional dinner.
Day 1: Marrakech – kasbah Ait-BenHaddou – Ouarzazate – Draa-Valley – Zagora camp
The tour departs from Marrakech before 8:00 in a confortble air conditioned 4×4.
After crossing the Atlas Mountains, we reach the first place of interest – Casbah Ait-BenHaddou (free entrance).
On the way to Ouarzazate we visit the Hollywood of Morocco, where many Hollywood movies are being filmed. There is a possibility to visit the Atlas film studios during the tour either on the first or the second day depending on your tour schedule. (There is about 3.00 euros entrance fee to the studio which is not included in the tour fee).
After visiting Ouarzazate, we continue the trip through the Draa-Valley and the beautiful Oasis.
When we reach Zagora, we take a camel ride into the desert to take us to our Berber desert camp.
If you do not wish to ride camels, you can walk with the guide or take the transport to the desert camp.
Our stay here includes accommodation in Berber bivouacs with full bedding, dinner and breakfast.
Day 2: Zagora – Draa-Valley – Ouarzazate – Marrakech.
After a traditional Berber breakfast, we take early morning camel ride to explore the surrounding area and back to our vehicle.
We return back to Marrakech taking the road through the Draa-Valley, Ouarzazate and over the Atlas Mountains with many highlight stops on the way.
We reach Marrakech around 6 pm or 7 pm depending on traffic.
This suggested itineraries can be modified entirely to your personal wishes. Please contact us for more information.